|Herakles and the Sirens|
|Rōmaji||Herakuresu to Seiren|
|Air date||November 7, 2019|
← Teumessian Sacrifices
Political Strife in the Colosseum →
Herakles and the Sirens is the third episode of Psycho-Pass 3.
Bifrost begins their next Roundrobin manipulation of events, which involves the outcome of the Toyko gubernatorial race. Kei Mikhail Ignatov interviews Kosuke "Herakles" Yakushiji, who is currently trailing in the race and is uncooperative. Bifrost agent Koichi Azusawa is activated. Arata Shindo uses his Mental Trace on Karina Komiya and determines that she is hiding something before he collapses from severe side effects. Mika Shimotsuki allows the team to continue the investigation under the pretext of anti-terrorism. They question Yakushiji's secretary, Lee Aki, after discovering that he tried to make contact with Kojo Tsuchiya. Aki, however, is assassinated before he can talk and only one of the assassins is apprehended. Kazumichi Irie leads the team into Myogadani, where he grew up, and uses his contacts to reach Haruki Enomiya, the underground leader there. Enomiya is the lead suspect, but the team has no evidence to prove his involvement. Later, while questioning Yakushiji's staff, Tenma Todoroki's stepbrother Haruma Todoroki insults Tenma. Ignatov punches Haruma in the face and is subsequently suspended. The Enforcers then learn that Shindo's mother was euthanized, his father committed suicide and that Ignatov's brother was murdered by Shindo's father. Todoroki recalls his own family's dark history. The next day, Shimotsuki assigns ex-Enforcer and current investigative journalist, Yayoi Kunizuka, to assist Unit One in Ignatov's absence.
In the Roundrobin chamber, a new game begins with Homura announcing himself as dealer. Kyoko Saionji wishes him the best, while Haruki Shirogane is curious about the cards Homura is living on now and guesses that he must have a good hand. Bifrost then announces the start of the relation using Case No. 10785, with the Gubernatorial Elections as the security item and Criminal Investigation Department Division 01 as the Relation Block. Pleased, Shirogane announces that the outcome of this round will become a major turning point for Bifrost.
Story continued in:
- Main article: 0303 Herakles and the Sirens/Story
- Herakles or Hercules is a divine hero in Greek mythology, the son of Zeus and Alcmene, foster son of Amphitryon. He is a great-grandson and half-brother (as they are both sired by Zeus) of Perseus. He is considered the greatest of the Greek heroes, a paragon of masculinity, the ancestor of royal clans who claimed to be Heracleidae (Ἡρακλεῖδαι), and a champion of the Olympian order against chthonic monsters. He is most famous for his Twelve Labors.
- A Siren is a half-bird/half-female monster from Greek mythology. They are dangerous creatures who lure in passing sailors with their enchanting music and singing voices, only to have them shipwreck on the rocky coast of their island.
"What do you think you're doing? Playing a game of "how close can we get to getting Chief Shimotsuki fired?" (Shimotsuki)
- "I wouldn't play that. It sounds boring." (Shindo)
— Mika Shimotsuki and Arata Shindo exchange
"I've never seen a mind like hers. It's thinking at frightening speeds, but its empty." (Shindo)
- "Empty? She seems ambitious to me." (Ignatov)
"A mind like that could force someone to weigh their hue against their life and make them choose death." (Shindo)
— Arata Shindo and Kei Mikhail Ignatov's exchange - (about Karina Komiya)