|September 9, 2074|
|5'8" (178 cm)|
|149 lbs (67.7 kg)|
|First Inspector |
|Chapter 1 Psycho Pass 3 (manga)|
|0301 Laelaps' Calling|
Azusawa is a male of average height and build in his 30's. He has brown eyes and dark brown hair swept off his face with gel. He is often seen in a brown suit, black dress shirt and taupe tie. He wears a tan leather jacket or trench coast when outside.
Well-mannered and courteous on the surface, he is a killer at heart. He is loyal to Bifrost and quick to figure how things will play out, matching his strategy to his intuited conclusions. He considers murder to be art and always ensures that his targets commit suicide. He doesn't place much faith in humanity and views the world as one big machine with people and society as its cogs. He desires to control those cogs by reaching the top echelons of society and live a perfect existence. His deepest desire is to become a member of the Sibyl System.
- In November 2120, he arranges for the "accidental" murders of both Asahi "Rick" Fellows and Haruki Enomiya. Throughout both cases he is seen observing Public Safety Bureau Inspectors Arata Shindo and Kei Mikhail Ignatov, running background checks on them with his assistant, Chiyo Obata.
- During his time at the Ministry of Welfare, he suffers a devastating blow when he is defeated by Atsushi Shindo. However, he uses this loss to awaken his talents as a criminal.
- He graduates from Nitto Academy, Faculty of Economy, which is the same Academy attended by Nobuchika Ginoza and Shinya Kogami.
She and Azusawa have a professional relationship. While they do get along, she often displays disdain for him and gets angry enough to throw things at him.
Azusawa considers Shindo to be both a thorn in his side and his greatest teacher. Shindo is the one who previously defeated Azusawa when he was an Inspector for the Ministry of Welfare.
Enomiya and Azusawa are fellow Bifrost Bifrost Inspectors. Though they share a professional relationship, Azusawa pities him when he realizes that Enomiya is being used as a puppet to expose Karina Komiya's AI, Ma-Karina, to the public.
- His ID as a Bifrost Inspector is 57492-JBUT-13774-3.
- According to Director Naoyoshi Shiotani, Obata must have hacked into the PSB's confidential Level 2 security database and tampered with his career data. He also mentions that she left hints - most likely referring to his address, which is the same as Suneo Honekawas from Doraemon.
- Main article: Koichi Azusawa/Image Gallery