|December 3, 2090|
|5'5" (165 cm)|
|117 lbs (53 kg)|
|Public Safety Bureau (former)|
|Masanori Kagari (father)|
Inspector Akane Tsunemori
|0101 Crime Coefficient|
Kagari is a male of shorter than average height and a fit build. He has brown eyes and spiky orange hair sometimes secured at one side by teal barrettes. He is typically seen wearing a black jacket with rolled-up sleeves, black shirt, red tie and black pants with two thin white belts. When in the field, he wears the CID windbreaker.
He is the jokester of the division and loves to tease others. He is easygoing and takes things in stride. On the job, he is serious yet still maintains an air of carefree recklessness. That said, he is one of the most ruthless members of the team. Kagari despises the Sibyl System and the people who originally locked him away, claiming that he was glad when he heard that the people who had treated him like scum were killing one another. This is due to the fact that he has never actually felt the urge to commit a crime, despite being registered as a latent criminal at the age of five, essentially making him a sacrifice made in the name of society.
Kagari makes it clear that he's an Enforcer because he has no other options, adding that while he is apathetic about the safety of society, he wouldn't mind the destruction of Sibyl. Yet, he also despises Shogo Makishima's heinous actions, especially the murder of Mitsuru Sasayama, a fellow Enforcer. Furthermore, he hates people who take their freedom for granted, an attitude generated by his own exclusion from society.
Born in Tokyo to Masanori Kagari and his unnamed wife.
At age five, he is flagged by a Psycho-Pass screening during the Ministry's Medical Examination for five-year-old children, resulting in him being labeled a latent criminal with a "a zero percent possibility" for rehabilitation. Left with only the job as an Enforcer available to him, Kagari decides to join in 2111 to be used as a public hunting dog for assassination jobs instead of living forever in an isolation facility.
On December 2097, while in the Rehabilitation Center, he befriends a child whose name he never knows. They play games across the corridor between their cells by lip reading. The boy later tries to flee and is killed during the attempt.
Emergency Contact Information
Tokyo, Shinjuku-ku, Hyakunin-cho B-5-14
Masanori Kagari (relation: father)
April 2096 ‒ Judged as a latent criminal during the Ministry's Medical Examination for five-year-old children; enters Rehabilitation Center in Hachiouji district
March 2103 ‒ Passes the secondary level knowledge test
August 2110 ‒ Leaves the Rehabilitation Center in Hachiouji district
October 2110 ‒ Assignment to the MWPSB, Division 01 as an Enforcer
His relationship with Tsunemori is a friendly one as demonstrated by his use of her first name. He teases her from the get-go by asking about the "cute girl." Tsunemori grieves his death.
After Kagari becomes an Enforcer, he plans to take on the strongest person there, who he sees as Shinya Kogami. Their fight ends in Kagari having a broken arm and Kogami having several broken ribs. However, after their fight and a short conversation, they become friends.
Kunizuka sees him as a little brother. They have a good relationship.
- His ID as an Enforcer is 00475-AEQY-57889-2.
- As an Enforcer, he is designated as Hound 4.
- His hobbies are cooking and the maintenance of the analog games in his dorm room.
- He loves sweets and mobile video games, spending most of his free time playing them, his favored format resembling a PlayStation Portable.
- He can play soccer well.
- He likes all food except kiwis and spicy food.
- He can't tolerate spicy food, even fainting because of Tsunemori's overly spicy curry.
- His strength is cooking and gaming; his weaknesses being women, alcohol, tear-jerking videos and paperwork. His best dish is taco rice with fried eggs.
- He sleeps around six hours per day.
- His motto is "Whatever you do, you have to enjoy the process."
- His favorite saying is "Life is just killing time until our death."
- He doesn't have any favorite authors because he only reads manga and e-books.
- He likes old shounen manga like the ones in Jump. His favorite manga is Jojo's Bizarre Adventure because he wishes he had a special power like Stand or Hamon.
- He prefers playing first-person shooters or fantasy RPGs, virtual fighting with Kogami and secret X-rated games.
- His favorite movie is Star Wars, though he has only seen Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
- He thinks that Michael Bay is the the best director in history because he loves filming explosions.
- According to Kogami, Kagari is strong, but lacks technique in the martial arts.
- During a little party of Division 1, he realizes that this is the place where he belongs.
- His barrettes are arranged into the roman numerals for 12, a foreshadowing that refers to the tarot's Hanged Man.
- He bears a resemblance to Ken Joshima of the Kokuyo Junior High Gang, a character from a different Akira Amano work, Katekyo Hitman REBORN!.
|Joshu Kasei - Harumi Hosorogi|
|Akane Tsunemori - Mika Shimotsuki - Kiyoka Tedzuka - Yuan Kira - Fuse - Arata Shindo - Kei Mikhail Ignatov|
|Shinya Kogami - Tomomi Masaoka - Nobuchika Ginoza - Yayoi Kunizuka - Shusei Kagari - Mitsuru Sasayama - Sakuya Togane - Sho Hinakawa - Kaede Hasuike - Teppei Sugo - Kenta Yatsuka - Ryoichi Naito - Ryunosuke Hirako - Kazumichi Irie - Tenma Todoroki - Mao Kisaragi|
|Risa Aoyanagi - Mizue Shisui - Masawa Shimomura - Tetsuji Bando - Norimasa Inogashira|
|Ryogo Kozuki - Akira Yamatoya - Kasumi Senoo - Tochigi Morikubo - Kenji Inokuma - Shin Kanoe|
|Moe Suzuki - Shuichiro Domoto - Yoshitoshi Waku|
|Kaname Shinjo - Tetsuya Hyodo - Tsubaki Aikawa - Takayuki Haga - Koichi Hatano - Mai Momota - Ayaka Takami - Naoto Kurata - Hina Amari - Tsubasa Torii|
|Shion Karanomori - Joji Saiga - Maru|