|June 27, 2058|
|5'9" (175 cm)|
|191 lbs (87 kg)|
|Public Safety Bureau (former)|
|Enforcer (former) |
|Nobuchika Ginoza (son)|
Sae Ginoza (ex-wife)
Akiho Ginoza (ex-mother-in-law)
Inspector Akane Tsunemori
|0101 Crime Coefficient|
Tomomi Masaoka is an Enforcer within Division 01 of the Criminal Investigation Department of the Public Safety Bureau. He serves as a quasi-father figure for the other members of the team and helps them if they are having problems. He is Inspector Nobuchika Ginoza's biological father.
Masaoka is a male of average height and a fit build in his 50's. He has brown eyes, spiky brown hair, and a prosthetic left arm. He is typically seen wearing a a dark brown suit, white dress shirt and dark tie; sometimes, an open-collared shirt. In the field, he often wears a tan trenchcoat.
Because of his long tenure in the department and excellent detective skills, he is generally well-respected by those who work with him. Due to these factors, he is somewhat laid back in his approach to investigations and often accepts things as they are. Even in stressful situations, he uses reason above action and keeps a cool head. He also relies on the Dominator's rating of a suspect before making decisions about victims and criminals. It is revealed that prior to becoming an Enforcer, he used to share Akane Tsunemori's views on how a detective should approach police work. He doesn't consider himself to be wise, but does like to give advice to the team members, especially Nobuchika Ginoza.
- Masaoka is born in Tachikawa, Tokyo. He later marries Sae Ginoza and at the age of twenty-six becomes the father of Nobuchika Ginoza.
- Prior to being an Enforcer, he is a detective with the CID. When the Sibyl System is introduced, he disagrees with its use, as it forces detectives to rely on the absolute judgment of a machine without human consideration or insight. After being involved in several horrific cases, he becomes frustrated and angry, causing his Psycho-Pass to deteriorate which becomes the basis of his demotion to Enforcer.
- In the eiga First Guardian, he teams up with Inspector Risa Aoyanagi in order to solve a case involving then-pilot Teppei Sugo, suspected of terrorist activity in Tokyo.
Emergency Contact Information
Tokyo, Adachi-ku, Senju, Asahi 6-23c
Akiho Ginoza (relation: guardian)
March 2073 ‒ Graduates from Tachigawa Secondary School, Tokyo
April 2073 ‒ Enters Komai High School
March 2076 ‒ Graduates from Komai High School
April 2076 ‒ Enters Hitotsubashi University, Faculty of Law, Major in Legal Studies
March 2080 ‒ Graduates from Hitotsubashi University, Faculty of Law, Major in Legal Studies
April 2080 ‒ Stationed at Metropolitan Police Department
November 2080 ‒ Assigned to Detective Department
April 2091 ‒ Transfers to MWPSB after the Police System is cancelled
March 2093 ‒ Decommissioned due to deteriorating Psycho-Pass; Enters Rehabilitation Center in Adachi district
August 2093 ‒ Leaves Rehabilitation Center
September 2093 ‒ Reassigned to Division 03 as an Enforcer
May 2106 ‒ Transfers to Division 01.
April 2076 ‒ Receives Driving License for Regular Motorcar Type I; Gets Driving License for Large Motorcycle Type I
Ginoza and Masaoka share both a supervisor-subordinate and a father-son relationship. Although they often confront one another, they have a deep love for each other stemming from their mutually happy memories of Ginoza's childhood before Masaoka became a latent criminal.
Ginoza's determination to be an Inspector in high school is influenced by his desire to meet up with his father again. When Masaoka transfers to Division 01, Ginoza avoids any appearance of "favoritism" by being distant. This leads to Masaoka paying attention to Kogami, inciting jealousy in Ginoza. However it seems on the surface to others, Masaoka always cares about his son and inadvertently calls him "Nobuchika" when talking to other detectives. He gives advice to Ginoza when he wants to understand Tsunemori better, and worries when Ginoza attempts things beyond his abilities. In the end, he sacrifices his own life to save that of his son's. 
After Masaoka's violent death, Ginoza undergoes a transformation in his attitude towards things. He begins to emulate his father in appearance and attitude as he plays the role of "the elder" in Division 01.
Masaoka likes the modest rookie as she seems to hold many beliefs similar to his own at one point in time. He serves as a mentor towards her, providing advice when Tsunemori seeks him out with a problem.
Kogami is both a colleague and the best friend of Masaoka's son, Nobuchika Ginoza, while Kogami is an Inspector of Division 03 and Masaoka is his subordinate. Because of this, he has spent a longer time working with Kogami than Ginoza. The two also share the common interest of martial arts. Masaoka thinks of Kogami as one of his own because of what Kogami has done for Ginoza over the years and actively voices his concerns regarding the dangerous path the Enforcer follows. When Kogami decides to leave the CID, he immediately turns to Masaoka who provides a key to one of his emergency safe houses, which contains the equipment to build a traditional revolver and even a motorcycle.
- His ID as an Enforcer is 00475-AECI-00247-2.
- As an Enforcer he is designated as Hound 1.
- His Crime Coefficient is 127.4.
- His martial art of choice is Judo.
- He shares the emergency contact with his son.
- While his strength is endurance, his weakness is women's tears.
- One of his hobbies is painting, another is drinking with friends. His masterpiece painting is a painting of his wife holding their newborn son.
- His wish is to have a grandchild.
- His motto is "Do good deeds without expecting things in return."
- His favorite saying is "The warrior must keep his pride even if he dies of hunger."
- His favorite thing in his room is his bottle of 50 year-old Yamazaki whiskey.
- His favorite food is chocolate, his least favorite is Mozuku seaweed vinegar. Alcohol is his favorite drink.
- He drinks more alcohol after work than during holidays.
- After work he drinks three mugs of beer, highball or three to four glasses of shochu and soda water or Whiskey Rock, depending on his mood. If he could still take more, he would keep on downing Japanese sake.
- He spends his holidays slowly taking his favorite Straight Whiskey until the whole bottle runs out and then stops.
- He sleeps around four to five hours per day.
- His favorite authors are Arimasa Osawa, Hideo Yokoyama, Haruhiko Ooyabu, Joh Sasaki, Ranpo Edogawa, Seishi Yokomizo, Don Winslow, Ed McBain and Agatha Christie.
- His favorite book is Arimasa Osawa's "Shinjuku Same". He has read it as a kid and the book has gotten him fascinated with the police career.
|Joshu Kasei - Harumi Hosorogi|
|Akane Tsunemori - Mika Shimotsuki - Kiyoka Tedzuka - Yuan Kira - Fuse - Arata Shindo - Kei Mikhail Ignatov|
|Shinya Kogami - Tomomi Masaoka - Nobuchika Ginoza - Yayoi Kunizuka - Shusei Kagari - Mitsuru Sasayama - Sakuya Togane - Sho Hinakawa - Kaede Hasuike - Teppei Sugo - Kenta Yatsuka - Ryoichi Naito - Ryunosuke Hirako - Kazumichi Irie - Tenma Todoroki - Mao Kisaragi|
|Risa Aoyanagi - Mizue Shisui - Masawa Shimomura - Tetsuji Bando - Norimasa Inogashira|
|Ryogo Kozuki - Akira Yamatoya - Kasumi Senoo - Tochigi Morikubo - Kenji Inokuma - Shin Kanoe|
|Moe Suzuki - Shuichiro Domoto - Yoshitoshi Waku|
|Kaname Shinjo - Tetsuya Hyodo - Tsubaki Aikawa - Takayuki Haga - Koichi Hatano - Mai Momota - Ayaka Takami - Naoto Kurata - Hina Amari - Tsubasa Torii|
|Shion Karanomori - Joji Saiga - Maru|