|December 25, 2002|
|Shogo Makishima (former)|
|Chairman of Teito Network Construction Corporation (former) |
Inspector Akane Tsunemori
|0107 The Language of the Chinese Orchid|
Senguji has the appearance of a male of average height and build in his 60's despite being over 100 years old. He has wide-open green eyes that never blink and slicked back brown hair. Even though he appears human, Senguji is a cyborg. In public, he is typically seen wearing somewhat formal clothing. When he is with Makishima, he dresses casually. When he is on one of his "fox hunts," he wears woodsman gear, with a break-action shotgun as his weapon of choice.
He is a sociopath without regard for human life who cures his boredom by staging "fox hunts" in which he is the hunter hunting his "prey," along with his two robotic hunting dogs. He likes to keep trophies of his hunts, as seen when he makes a pipe collection out of Rikako Oryo's bones.
Senguji believes that people should be more enthusiastic about becoming a cyborg in order to attain immortality, using the fact that humans can't survive without technology to justify his claims. He tells Makishima that part of the reason he hunts is to keep his mind ready until a procedure that will cybernize his mind is discovered. Despite seeking immortality, he doesn't fear death and enjoys dangerous situations. When he sees the killshot that will deliver his death approaching, he welcomes it with a smile.
- He has spent decades building his underground "fox hunt" field by altering the government's maps and letting drones do the digging.
- Around 2102, Senguji meets Makishima and becomes his main source of funding for the next decade. And although Senguji realizes that Makishima is the mastermind of their friendship, he respects and appreciates their dynamic.
- His construction company has built many important places in Japan, including the NONA Tower.
- His dogs are named after great novelists; the black dog being Lovecraft and the red dog being Kafka.
- He is able to avoid regular crime coefficient checks because of his high position and importance.
- Main article: Toyohisa Senguji/Image Gallery