|September 28, 2090|
|5'7" (170 cm)|
|114 lbs (52 kg)|
|Public Safety Bureau (former)|
|Morihiro Kunizuka (father)|
Inspector Akane Tsunemori
|0101 Crime Coefficient|
Yayoi Kunizuka (六合塚 弥生 Kunidzuka Yayoi) is a journalist and former Enforcer in the Criminal Investigation Department of the Public Safety Bureau. In Psycho-Pass 3, she is a restored citizen (i.e. a latent criminal whose Psycho-Pass has dropped below 100) but remains a skilled detective. While on active duty she was considered a specialist at controlling robots and was usually seen directing drones for the team.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 Personal Background
- 4 Relationships
- 5 Trivia
- 6 References
- 7 Navigation
Kunizuka is a female of taller than average height and a slender build in her 20's. She has blue eyes and long black hair that she ties back in a ponytail. She is typically seen wearing a black suit, white dress shirt and black tie. Kunizuka almost always has a serious expression on her face. During holidays and days off she wears casual clothing, including parkas outdoors.
Kunizuka has a calm personality, preferring to spend her free time reading or doing something educational. She can keep her head even under the toughest situations and rarely displays emotion. However, she is capable of compassion as evidenced when she comforts a grieving Mika Shimotsuki after the death of a classmate. She also appears upset when searching for a missing colleague.
- Kunizuka is born in Tokyo to Morihiro Kunizuka and his unnamed wife.
- She begins playing guitar when she is nine-years-old because of her father.
- Before becoming an Enforcer, Kunizuka is a musician with a Sibyl-authorized punk rock band named "Amalgam." She begins to hang out with Rina Takizaki, a member of a non-Sibyl-authorized band. Takizaki possesses a rebellious personality and her band is anarchistic in nature, thus causing Kunizuka's hue to darken through association.
- When flagged, she is captured and confined to a rehabilitation center, but the boredom of the place aggravates her further, along with the fact that whenever she requests new guitar strings, she is denied and must resubmit the application. Eventually, Shinya Kogami hears of her plight and tries to persuade Kunizuka to join the PSB. She refuses but, lured by the possibility of seeing Takizaki once more, she eventually accepts the offer.
- At first, she tags along with Division 01 on a mission to locate the members of an anarchistic group preaching revolution against the Sibyl System. Takazaki is revealed to be a member and though Kunizuka tries to talk her out of doing something so dangerous and potentially futile, Takizaki doesn't listen. As she walks away, Kunizuka tries to shoot her, but the Dominator issued to her by Kogami refuses to fire because Kunizuka is not yet its registered user. Takazaki escapes and Kunizuka is devastated. She then agrees to become an Enforcer in the hope of finding Takizaki again.
Emergency Contact Information
March 2106 ‒ Graduates from Seijou Secondary School, Art Course
April 2106 ‒ Qualifies as a Sibyl-approved artist
May 2106 ‒ Debuts in the band "Amalgam" under Oriental World company
September 2108 ‒ Is removed from the Sibyl-approved artist list due to a deteriorating Psycho-Pass
October 2108 ‒ Enters Hikari no Sono Rehabilitation Center in Tama district
April 2109 ‒ Leaves Rehabilitation Center
May 2109 ‒ Assigned to Division 01 as an Enforcer.
August 2106 ‒ Obtains Driver's License for Regular Motorcar Type I
Karanomori and Kunizuka have a lasting, romantic relationship. The two are often seen together and know each other well. As Karanomori is bisexual and frequently flirts with Kogami, Kunizuka often feels insecure, doubting whether they can be together for long.
When Kunizuka joins Division 01, her ex-girlfriend Takazaki, out of revenge for joining the PSB, sends their sex video to the CID where it is seized by Analyst Karanomori. Karanomori deletes the video and notifies Kunizuka. Four days later, they sleep together.
When Takazaki's criminal activities are noticed again by Sibyl, Division 01 (with Karanomori) begins an investigation. During the mission, Karanomori is stabbed with a knife. She then sends a short message saying, “Whoever hears me, know that Karanomori Shion loves Kunizuka Yayoi until death.” After the situation is under control, Karanomori hugs Kunizuka and says she loves her.
After Kunizuka leaves the Bureau, she and Karanomori do not get in contact for a long time. However, when Kunizuka is recruited to help with the investigation in Psycho-Pass 3, they willingly spend time together and rekindle their relationship. Karanomori often expresses concern when Kunizuka in on a dangerous mission.
During the NONA Tower attack, Karanomori says that when she returns to society, she wants to eat something good and to walk with her beloved. At the end of the eiga, she and Karanomori decide to live together.
Kagari often jokes with Kunizuka and thinks of her as "quite fearful." The two are often teamed with Inspector Ginoza in the field.Though they are of the same age, Kunizuka sees Kagari as a younger brother as shown by the way she speaks to him and by the fact that she feels free to strike him on the head using a music score in order to stop him from teasing Akane Tsunemori.
Takazaki is Kunizuka's ex-girlfriend. The two share the same interest in music and support one another. Takizaki joins the protests against the Sibyl System when Kunizuka is sent to the isolation facility. When they reunite, they discover their beliefs have diverged. This decides the matter for Kunizuka, who then becomes an Enforcer.
Kunizuka initially believes that Tsunemori will fail in her role as Inspector due to her early naiveté and ideals, even admitting this to Tsunemori. But Tsunemori's actions over time persuade Kunizuka to trust Tsunemori and she is now a supportive member of Tsunemori's team. Later, she plays the role of the safety valve between Mika Shimotsuki and Tsunemori.
Ginoza is her former supervisor. While he's still an Inspector, Kunizuka works with him while he sends Tomomi Masaoka to work with Tsunemori. While working as Enforcers, they seem to develop a friendship, as evidenced by Kunizuka defending Ginoza in front of Shimotsuki.
Shimotsuki is Ginoza's replacement as a Division 01 Inspector. While Shimotsuki looks down on Enforcers with contempt, she is more lenient with Kunizuka, stemming from the time when the latter comforted her following the discovery that two of her school friends were killed by their fellow classmate, Rikako Oryo. Kunizuka often acts as a mediator between Shimotsuki and the rest of Division 01.
- Her ID as an Enforcer is 00475-AEST-17855-2.
- She is designated as Hound 2, as an Enforcer.
- She is good at playing table tennis.
- Her hobbies include watching musical performances and listening to music.
- Her motto is "Do not make trouble for others."
- Her favorite saying is "Punk is attitude, not style" by Joe Strummer.
- Her favorite item in her room is her Ombre Rose perfume.
- She and Karanomori wear the same perfume.
- The nail polish brand Kunizuka uses is Anna Sui.
- Her favorite musicians are The Clash and Sex Pistols.
- Her favorite food is udon noodles and her least favorite is Hanpen fish cake.
- Her strength is unwavering resolution and her weakness is not knowing how to talk to female friends.
- Her desired item used to be cute at-home clothes, but now it's the newest SANSUI speaker system.
- She has a large casual wardrobe, but often wears hoodies.
- She sleeps around seven hours per day.
- Her favorite authors are Kaho Nakayama and Rieko Matsuura.
- She likes English tea.
- She helps Karanomori with her "beauty treatment."
- The hairstyle that Kunizuka wants to try once is a "Mohawk."
- Her favorite type of girl is "A person who has a sense of inspiration."
- Her favorite part of Karanomori's personality is her straightforwardness, while the part she dislikes is her stubbornness.
- She wears skirts once in a while.
- Despite commenting that the men of Division 01 are "not fit for this era,"  Kunizuka actually cares about the men who die and/or escape.
- The name Yayoi can mean "spring" (弥生).
- The surname Kunizuka can mean "six" (六 ku), "fit" (合 ni) and "mound" (塚 tsuka/zuka).
- Production error in 0112 Devil's Crossroad: the ID displayed when Kunizuka checks her Crime Coefficient at the rehab center is actually Kogami's (00475-AEDF-52510-2); but later, when Mitsuru Sasayama looks at her file on his wristlink, the ID shown is hers.
- Methuselah's Game
- Crime Coefficient
- Psycho-Pass: The Novel
- And Then, Silence
- Devil's Crossroad
- Those Capable
- Return of the Lunatic Prince
- Perfect World
- Untraceable Children
- Psycho-Pass Asylum 2
- Political Strife in the Colosseum
- Agamemnon's Offering
- First Inspector
- Rainy Day, and
- Nobody Knows Your Mask
- Nobody Knows Your Face
- Saint's Supper
- Sweet Poison
- Blood-Stained Reward
- Season 2
- The Creeping Unknown
- The Scales of Justice <299/300>
- Unforbidden Games
|Joshu Kasei - Harumi Hosorogi|
|Akane Tsunemori - Mika Shimotsuki - Kiyoka Tedzuka - Yuan Kira - Fuse - Arata Shindo - Kei Mikhail Ignatov|
|Shinya Kogami - Tomomi Masaoka - Nobuchika Ginoza - Yayoi Kunizuka - Shusei Kagari - Mitsuru Sasayama - Sakuya Togane - Sho Hinakawa - Kaede Hasuike - Teppei Sugo - Kenta Yatsuka - Ryoichi Naito - Ryunosuke Hirako - Kazumichi Irie - Tenma Todoroki - Mao Kisaragi|
|Risa Aoyanagi - Mizue Shisui - Masawa Shimomura - Tetsuji Bando - Norimasa Inogashira|
|Ryogo Kozuki - Akira Yamatoya - Kasumi Senoo - Tochigi Morikubo - Kenji Inokuma - Shin Kanoe|
|Moe Suzuki - Shuichiro Domoto - Yoshitoshi Waku|
|Kaname Shinjo - Tetsuya Hyodo - Tsubaki Aikawa - Takayuki Haga - Koichi Hatano - Mai Momota - Ayaka Takami - Naoto Kurata - Hina Amari - Tsubasa Torii|
|Shion Karanomori - Joji Saiga - Maru|